Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thing # 23

When I looked at the Wiki list of all the Social Networking Sites, I was shocked. I had no idea. I didn't know there were any educational ones either. After reading several comments, forums, joining a group, and exploring, I am so excited to know where I can go for help as well as to share resources I'm aware of.
This article was from one of the forums that I found very interesting especially since I just attended a staff development for gifted training in which we discussed divergent and convergent thinking. I think educators would enjoy this read called Creativity Crisis.
Here is my Classroom 2.0 Badge.

Visit Classroom 2.0

Then I watched this brief video about how to use vocabulary on an iPhone - way cool. This would be an awesome use for the students.
Here is my Ning Badge.

Visit 23 Thingsters

Then here is a widget I added since I'm a yoga teacher - this is a Yoga Poses widget.


I am certainly impressed with these educational social networking sites and how easy they are to access and follow (just like facebook). I have found several valuable resources already (like the ones I shared above) and know there are more to come as I continue to visit the sites. I plan on sharing these sites with my friends and fellow teachers (I have already added them to my facebook page). I especially plan on adding the brain research and dyslexia articles to my monthly newsletters (via email) to parents as well as my dyslexia colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment