Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, July 5, 2010

Thing 13









Playing around with these Mashups and generators wasn't as fun for me as I thought it might be. It was interesting, but not a new hobby for me. I'm not sure if I would use them in my MTA classroom or not. Maybe on an email to parents for fun or on printed notes to students. Personally, it might be fun to send some as an email to my friends/family. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this today???? A little tired from 4th of July celebrating yesterday.


I tried the Mosaic Maker first by looking up some lighthouse images on Flicker Creative Commons then trying to post it to my blog, but I don't think I did it correctly. So, I moved on to the Spell with Flicker and again, I did the share button and it said it posted it to my blog, but it was just the link, it wasn't the actual image. I couldn't right click and save the whole thing I spelled out because it would only save one letter at a time. ?? It was "I love Joe" so if anyone can tell me how to do that better, please comment and let me know.


I did better with the smiley face signs in Happy Face Generator though and you can see that image on a previous blog and here.
I was also successful with the Comic Strip Generator. It is on this blog also, as well as the Texas license plate created from the Image Chef generator.
So - my question for someone to PLEASE comment on is where did I go wrong with the Mashups?
Thanks for any help or comments. :)
Vickie

2 comments:

  1. You have to use the HTML at the end of the mashup (copy), then in your Blog, choose "Edit HTML" and paste there. It should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - i wrote that down. Thanks.
    vickie

    ReplyDelete