Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, June 25, 2010

Thing #8 Stretch

I have used Wikipedia so many times in the past when I would google search a topic and one of the site options available was through the wikipedia. However, I had no idea that it was anything more than an on line encyclopedia until now. Wow. I didn't know there were discussions. When I clicked on the discussions tab, I was like, "wow, check it out."
Most of the topics of interest I checked out on the wikipedia I thought were well written, organized, valid and complete. Others however seemed to be needing more info, as if they didn't know a whole lot about it yet, or maybe there isn't much to know, I'm not sure, further research required. I did not add to any of the discussions, however.
I am amazed at how many links and other articles are available related to the topic on the wikipedia. You could spend so much time researching through them. For example, I heard a word I did not know the meaning of but had heard used before, so I looked it up on wikipedia. The word was panentheism and there was a whole series to the top right corner about God related topics.
I'm quite sure I will continue to use the wikipedia, and use it even more in depth now thanks to this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment